Updated: Mar 2
Favorite children's book of all time -
My definitely, permanently, favorite is Edward Lear's A Book of Nonsense.
On my first date with my future husband, I read him 'The Story of the Four Little Children Who Went Round the World.' The children travel in a large boat and take with them only a small Cat, an elderly Quangle Wangle and a large kettle for making dinner. He thought I was batty. Yes, I'm definitely, permanently batty, and so was Edward Lear.
Top middle grade stories I read as a child -
* Roald Dahl's The Twits
* Enid Blyton's The Famous Five series
* Tove Jansson's Moominland Midwinter
* Norman Lindsay's The Magic Pudding
* C.S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia
Top middle grade stories I read as an adult -
* Kate DiCamillo's The Tale of Despereaux
* Philip Pullman's The Golden Compass
* Astrid Lindgren's The Brothers Lionheart
* Sharon Creech's Walk Two Moons
* Grace Lin's Where the Mountain Meets the Moon
* Suzanne LaFleur's Love, Aubrey
* Jeanne Birdsall's The Penderwicks on Gardam Street
* Eva Ibbotson's Island of the Aunts
* Katherine Paterson's Bridge to Terabithia
To be continued...